1. Season: September 15 - January
31 (8:00 am - 3:30 pm) CLOSED EVERY MONDAY AND TUESDAY.
Also closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Years Day and shotgun deer season
(November 22-24 and December 5-8).
2. Two permits per licensed driver
per season at a charge of $10.00 per permit will be allowed.
3. Firewood cutting is allowed in
DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY!!!
4. DO NOT
CUT DOWN TREES!!! Collect only wood that is on the ground.
5. Be careful not to get stuck-Department
policy does not allow the use of State equipment to free stuck vehicles.
6. The load is to be no higher than
the level with the top of the box on a standard pick-up (78 cubic feet). No
side boards, stakes, racks, camper tops or any device will be used to increase
the loading capacity of the truck. (79"L x 72"L x 20"H).
7. All cutting must be completed
and you must be checked out by 3:30 pm.
8. All wood is for personal use
only and not for resale.
9. Please do not litter and use
care while smoking in the forest.
10. No fires or charcoal grills
allowed in firwood collection areas.
Effective July 1, 1995,
the Illinois Department of Natural Resources was created through the consolidation
of the Department of Conservation, Department of Mines and Minerals, Abandoned
Mined Lands Reclamation Council, the Department of Transportation's Division
of Water Resources, and the Illinois State Museum and Scientific Surveys from
the Illinois Department of Energy and Natural Resources.
SPRINGS STATE FOREST PAGE