Hindsboro Hunter Fact Sheet
Hindsboro Pheasant Habitat Area
approximately 3 miles east and 3/4 miles north of Hindsboro off of Illinois
DESCRIPTION OF THE
This area features a restored
wetland and native grass and cool-season grass and legume plantings. Small sections
of mature and early growth woodland also exist on the area. Shrubs and clover
borders have been planted on the area perimeters.
|Pheasants, Rabbit, Quail
Hunting will be permitted on the first and second day of the statewide upland game season and on each subsequent Wednesday and Saturday in November and on each Thursday and Sunday in December, through December 24, except closed during the firearm deer season
||Statewide trapping season
||Free Site Permit
||October 1 - October 31st
||Site permit required
OTHER SPECIAL REGULATIONS:
Upland Game Hunters:
- A Free Upland Game Permit Application must be submitted online for a lottery drawing to be held in August. The application is available at www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/uplandgame. Hunters will be required to return their harvest card prior to February 15th each year. Failure to submit the card will result in loss of hunting privileges for the following year.
MAY SUBMIT ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER SITE.
- Only one hunting party,
consisting of the permit holder and no more than 3 companions, will be allowed
each day .
- All hunting must be with
a shotgun or bow and arrow only.
- Hunters must wear a cap
and upper outer garment of solid blaze orange (at least 400 square inches).
Archery Deer Hunters:
- All hunters must park in the designated parking lot.
- Archery deer hunting will be allowed October 1 - October 31, 2012. Firearm deer hunting is not permitted at this site.
- Deer hunters must use portable stands and remove the stands at the end of each days hunt. Screw-in steps, nails, spikes, and other bark-piercing devices are STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Free Site Hunting Permits (windshield cards) are required for species noted. These are available online at www.dnr.illinois.gov. Navigate to "Hunting/Trapping" and then "public hunting areas" to print these permits. Hunters will be required to return to this website prior to February 15th each year to record harvest information. For Free Upland Game Permit areas, a Free Upland Game Permit Application must be submitted online for a lottery drawing to be held in August. The application is available at www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/uplandgame. Hunters will be required to return their harvest card prior to February 15th each year. Failure to submit data/card will result in loss of hunting privileges for the following year.
- Trappers must use only Egg Traps®, D-P (Dog-Proof) Traps®, box traps, cage traps, and traps of similar design for land sets.
- Traps must be clearly marked with owners name and address and must be checked daily.
- Trappers must possess at free site hunting permit and report harvest.
NOTE: Habitat restoration
is on-going on this area. These activities are designed to improve wildlife
information, contact: Walnut Point State Park at 217-346-3336. For general information about hunting regulations and applications please click
Equal opportunity to participate
in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those
funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available
to all individuals regardless or race, sex, national origin, disability, age,
religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated
against, contact the funding source's civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment
Opportunity Officer, IDNR, 1 Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL, 62702;
217/785-0067; TTY 217/782-9175