Jubilee College Hunter Fact Sheet
2012 - 2013 Season
Location: Peoria County, 14 miles West of Peoria, 3 miles northwest of Kickapoo, off US Highway 150, or 8 miles south of Princeville on Princeville - Jubilee Blacktop.Description: A topography confused by several drainage systems and rolling ridges that culminate in the valley of Jubilee Creek. Its 3,222 acres is comprised of 56% mature timber, 23% brush land, 12% predominantly grassland/old fields and 9% cropland. Hunting is rated only fair for upland species, but good squirrel, deer and turkey populations exist and dove hunting can be briefly brilliant.
Available Game Species:
|Turkey (Archery Only)||Spring - Statewide Northern Zone||Statewide||A-B||Statewide|
|Turkey (Archery Only)||Fall - Statewide dates||Statewide||A-B||Statewide|
|Dove||Sept. 1- Opening Day and Sept 2-30 on Sat. Sun., Wed., & Holidays||Noon - 5:00 PM||A (Designated Field)||Statewide|
|Rabbit||1st Sun of Nov through Jan 8||Statewide||A||Statewide|
|Squirrel||Day after Labor Day - Sept. 30th.||Statewide||A||Statewide|
|Deer (Firearm)||1st and 2nd Firearm Season and Late Winter Season||Statewide||A,B,D||Statewide|
|Deer (Firearm - Disable Hunt)||1st and 2nd Firearm Season||Statewide||C||Statewide|
|Deer (Archery Only)||
October 1st through end of season
|A-B & E
|Woodcock||1st Sunday of November- Sunday after Thanksgiving||Statewide||A||Statewide|
1. All hunters are required to sign in and sign out at the hunter check station located on Brimfield - Jubliee Road or at the main office before and after each hunt. The hunter check station is manned only during dove and Spring turkey season for the blind drawings and during high demand.
2. SHOTGUN ONLY to be used for taking of game with the exception of deer and turkey.
3. NON-TOXIC SHOT ONLY may be possessed for the taking of dove.
4. Tree stands:
Archery Season = Portable tree stand only, which are to be removed at the end of the days hunt. It is unlawful to construct stands using nails, screws or wire or any device that pierces the bark of the tree.
Firearm Season = Only one tree stand is allowed per deer permit holder; these tree stands must comply with restrictions listed in 17 ILL Adm Code 510.10(C)(3) and must be portable; tree stands may be erected the day before the first season and must be removed by the day after the end of the second season; any tree stand left unattended overnight must be legibly marked with the owners name, address and telephone number.
5. BLAZE ORANGE CAP AND OUTER GARMENT TO BE WORN (firearm deer season, rabbit, pheasant, and quail season only). Total of 400 sq. inches required.
6. It shall be UNLAWFUL to consume or possess alcoholic beverages, including beer and wine, while hunting on the area.
7. IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL:
8. Hunters must attempt to retrieve all arrows and shotgun shells prior to leaving the site.
For further information contact: Jubilee College State Park, 13921 West Route 150, Brimfield, IL 61517. Phone (309)446-3758.
Equal opportunity to participate in programs of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and those funded by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other agencies is available to all individuals regardless of race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or other non-merit factors. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the funding source's civil rights office and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, IDNR, 1 Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702, TTY 217/782-9175.