Are you ready to submit your Illinois Schoolyard Habitat Action Grant application to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources? Before final submission, take a moment to look over the points mentioned here. Remember, incomplete or incorrect applications will not be accepted!
- Schools, nature centers and youth groups may apply.
- Applications should be typed in 12 or 10 point font, single spaced with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Please include color photographs of the intended work site on all copies of the application.
- The application deadline is November 30, 2013.
- Winning applicants will be reimbursed for only those expenses approved by the judging committee.
Please double check the following items before submitting your application.
- You must submit the original application, plus three copies of the entire application, including attachments.
- You are required to list your Illinois State Senator and Illinois State Representative. Leaving these spaces blank, or listing your United States Senator or United States Representative, will cause your application to be disqualified. If you are unsure of your legislators, go to www.ilga.gov and click on “Legislator Lookup."
- Ensure that the signature page is signed. Two signatures are required.
- All applicants must complete and submit a W-9 form. This form must represent a school or organization, not an individual. Do not use a tax exemption number on this form. Using the tax exemption number will cause your application to be disqualified. You must use the school's or organization's employer identification number (FEIN) that is assigned by the Internal Revenue Service.
Finally, applications are reviewed by a committee and awards are made by approximately February 1. No reimbursement will be made for habitat projects started prior to awarding of this grant. For complete information about any of these items, visit the Web site at http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/education, call 217-524-4126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.