The Illinois Wetlands Trunk was developed by the Illinois State Museum. This supplemental resource is available for loan to educators from five IDNR state parks. Each trunk, which is a large plastic container, is filled with field guides, CD-ROMs, a supplemental curriculum activity guide, mussel samples, pottery replicas and other items for you to use when teaching about the biological and cultural aspects of wetlands.
The following IDNR sites have an Illinois Wetlands Trunk for loan. Use the contact information to make your reservation. Suggested loan time is two weeks.
- Cache River State Natural Area, Belknap, Johnson County; 618-634-9678 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Argyle Lake State Park, Colchester, McDonough County: 309-776-3422 or email@example.com
- Eldon Hazlet State Park, Carlyle, Clinton County: 618-594-3015 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Giant City State Park, Makanda, Jackson County: 618-457-4836
- Volo Bog State Natural Area, Ingleside, Lake County: 815-344-1294 or email@example.com
For additional lending locations, contact the Education Section of the Illinois State Museum at 217-782-7386.