Salt Creek Waterfowl Management Area Hunter Fact Sheet
Clinton Lake State Recreation Area
Location: The Salt Creek Waterfowl Management Area (Dewitt County) - 2 mi. southwest of Farmer City on IL Route 54 Open every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Parking is directly off State Route 54.
Description of the Area (acres): Total Management Area - 60; Huntable - 40; Open Water - 40; Trees: 20
The SCWMA is managed as a moist soil unit to provide food and habitat to waterfowl and other wildlife through natural vegetation. Therefore agricultural plantings will be kept at a minimum.
- Hunting dates will be every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday of the regular statewide duck and goose season.
- Statewide season length and hunting hours will be observed.
- Blinds will be allocated by a drawing. Instructions for applying on-line at www.dnr.illinois.gov
- No person shall hunt or attempt to hunt except from/within their assigned blind.
- No more than 4 persons shall occupy a blind. (The person that drew the blind and 3 guests.)
- All hunting parties shall hunt over a minimum of 12 decoys during duck and Canada goose season.
- Hunting will be from drawn blind only.
- Drawn for the day - hunters may come and go as desired.
- A boat is provided only for retrieving downed birds in deep water. Personal floatation devices are required but not provided.
- Walk in only - no watercraft of any kind allowed.
- Deep water around the outside edges along the levees will be marked with reflective stakes. (see map) These areas are too deep to wade and will require use of a boat provided to retrieve downed waterfowl.