Salt Creek Waterfowl Management Area Hunter Fact Sheet
Clinton Lake State Recreation Area
2012 - 2013 Season
( will be available when State waterfowl seasons are set)
Recent rains will allow Clinton Lake to hold its Salt Creek Waterfowl Area Hunt drawing. Application must be received at the site office by Sat. 10/27
Location: The Salt Creek Waterfowl Management Area (SCWMA) is located 32 miles southwest of Farmer City in east central DeWitt County. Parking is directly off State Route 54.
Description of the Area (acres): Total Management Area - 60; Huntable - 40; Open Water - 40; Trees: 20
The SCWMA is managed as a moist soil unit to provide food and habitat to waterfowl and other wildlife through natural vegetation. Therefore agricultural plantings will be kept at a minimum.
- Hunting dates will be every Wednesday and Saturday of the regular statewide duck and goose season.
- Statewide season length and hunting hours will be observed.
- Blinds will be allocated by a site drawing at the Mascoutin Site Office
- No person shall hunt or attempt to hunt except from/within their assigned blind.
- No more than 4 persons shall occupy a blind. (The person that drew the blind and 3 guests.)
- All hunting parties shall hunt over a minimum of 12 decoys during duck and Canada goose season.
- Hunting will be from drawn blind only.
- Drawn for the day - hunters may come and go as desired.
- A boat is provided only for retrieving downed birds in deep water. Personal floatation devices are required but not provided.
- Walk in only - no watercraft of any kind allowed.
- Deep water around the outside edges along the levees will be marked with reflective stakes. (see map) These areas are too deep to wade and will require use of a boat provided to retrieve downed waterfowl.