Pat Quinn, Governor
Freedom of Information Act
Great Lakes Restoration
License / Permit / Register
Kids & Education
Mandatory Safety Programs
Lodges / Leasing
Parks & Recreation
World Shooting & Recreational Complex
[IL Search Tips]
Flood Map Modernization
Helpful Links for Flood Preparedness
Finished Countywide Floodplain Maps of Illinois
- View the new Digital Flood Insurance Rate Maps as they are finished by the State Water Survey.
The National Flood Insurance Program
- All your questions answered about the NFIP.
FEMA Map Modernization
- Learn more about Map Modernization.
Levees - FEMA Site
- An explanation of how flood risk behind levees will be depicted on the new digital flood maps.
Illinois Flood Association
- For those interested or involved in floodplain and stormwater management in the State of Illinois.
Illinois State Water Survey
- Atmospheric and Water Resources for the State of Illinois. A cooperative partner for the Floodmap Modernization Program.
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency. Information for a wide variety of disasters and related programs.
FEMA Flood Hazard Mapping & Online Tutorials
- Learning tools for the NFIP and Map Modernization process.
The Emergency Management Institute Community Rating System Resource Center
- A program for recognizing and encouraging community floodplain management activities that exceed the minimum NFIP standards.
Association of State Floodplain Managers
- An organization of professionals involved in floodplain management.
American Red Cross Disaster Services
- Helping those in need all over the world since 1881.
Institute for Business & Home Safety
- A non-profit research organization that studies the effects of disasters to reduce loss.
Natural Hazards Center at the University of Colorado, Boulder
- Disaster research and education.
U.S. Natural Resources Conservation Services
- Information on conservation of natural resources provided by the United States Department of Agriculture.
USGS Real Time Water Data
- Current data on stream flow conditions.
National Weather Services Homepage
- Up-to-date information on local weather.
Letter of Map Amendment & Letter of Map Revision Library
- An index of LOMR's and LOMA's received since 1994.
Surveyor's Guide to the Elevation Certificate
- An online learning program for engineers, surveyors and architects to fill out an elevation certificate correctly.
United States Army Corps of Engineers Institute for Water Resources
- See what the Corps is doing for water resource issues.
Flood Map Modernization
Advantages of Digital Maps
Open House Comment Form
Water Resources Home
Department of Natural Resources